The Barossa Film Club was founded in 2003.
The Club meets and screens a film each month, February to November. The films are selected by individual club members and represent a variety of nationalities, genres and eras. Many of the films are not mainstream cinema releases.
The Club proudly presents the 2022 Youth Short Film Competition.
The Competition is designed to encourage young people with an interest in film making to foster an interest to produce a short film and for the Club to showcase local talent and for the entrants to have an opportunity to exhibit their work to the public and to win a prize.
- Open to young people (aged up to 25 years) to produce and submit a short film.
- Films to be judged by a select panel and, with consent, will be screened by the Club.
- Prizes to be awarded to finalists in select age groups (See the Registration Form).
Terms & Conditions of Registration
- Open to anyone in the relevant age group who lives, works, studies or is able to demonstrate a connection with the Barossa and Light Council areas.
- Three age groups: 9-11 years; 12-17 years; 18-25 years.
- Limited of one entry per person or group of persons. Entrants must complete and return the Registration Form when submitting their work (short film and summary).
- No gender division.
- No entry fee.
- Original work on unlimited topics, but offensive material (Club discretion) will not be accepted.
- Commencement date: 1 March 2022.
- Closing date: 30 September 2022.
- Film entries to be no longer than 10 minutes.
- Medium formats: Electronic by USB stick or DVD, plus a 20-word (maximum) film summary.
- Full contact details and parent or guardian’s signed consent (if necessary) will be required.
- Entries will be presented for judging (Judges discretion concerning winning entries). No correspondence will be entered into by the Club and Judging panel concerning the Competition, rules, material submitted, finalists, winning entries and screening.
For all enquiries, please email:
firstname.lastname@example.org (Re: Youth Short Film Competition)
- Rockford Wines
- Pam O’Donnell
- Community Country Fresh